Marketing campaigns on any scale can either be a success or they can plummet, and companies large and small, well known or not, have been known to ignore some of the basic foundations and have found their campaigns nose diving, losing them a lot of time and money spent on them. So it is important to consider these key points when creating a digital campaign:
1. Your audience define the success of your campaign – It is important not to forget the reason you are creating a campaign in the first place; to attract and engage with your audience. So if you don’t take the time to understand who your audience are, your campaign will surely suffer.
2. Don’t expect them to come to you – In this day and age people are used to not having to look much further than the end of their nose to find what they want, so you need to put your brand there. A common way of doing this is with an app so they can access your products and services remotely, but there are many more innovative ways to get under their noses. Remember, the main aim of this is to promote brand awareness and get ahead of the game.
3. People love to interact – The best way to engage your audience is to offer them a way to interact with the campaign, be that through a game, challenge or competition of some form, it is the best way to capture attention and create a buzz.
4. Unity = sharing – If you can create unity in your audience then you can reach further afield. Giving them a reason to band together and recruit more people to join the cause will mean they spread your brand further and wider than you might be able to reach on your own.
5. Give them what they want – Linking back to the first point, knowing your audience and what they want and then offering them this will drive the success of a campaign. A competition will not attract the right audience or be successful if you do not offer a prize that is in demand and is wanted by your target audience, nor will a campaign resonate with your audience if it doesn’t hit upon the right areas of interest.